Deshler, Ohio USA – Virtual Railfan LIVE
Actual start date: August 4, 2017
This is a live stream of the “Crossroads of the B&O” railroad in Deshler, Ohio, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Camera hosted by Deshler Crossroads Park: https://www.facebook.com/DeshlerCrossroadsPark/
Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING THE CROSSINGS: Sometimes the crossings at Mulberry Street do not appear to work. This is because the camera’s frame rate is out of sync with the crossings’ flicker rate. Please do not call in an inactive crossing, thanks!
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator ( including Nightbot )
ABOUT THIS FEED:
The diamond at Deshler, in North Central Ohio, is the intersection of two CSX main lines, both formerly of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O). The north-south single-track line (the Toledo Sub) connects Cincinnati and Detroit via Toledo, and the east-west double-track line (the Garrett Sub to the west and the Willard Sub to the east) connects Baltimore and Chicago via Pittsburgh. Approximately 50 freight trains travel through each day.
Map & history of this location – https://www.onthebellcgt.com/deshler
There are ATCS layouts available for the Willard, Garrett, and Toledo Subs, but there is no server (data) coverage. RCL is essential for ATCS data availability.
There is a radio stream available, listening to the same channels as the speaker heard in the park. AAR channels listened to are 8 (160.230, CSX road), 12 (160.290, Toledo Sub/”LA” desk dispatcher), 84 (161.370, Garrett Sub/”RM” dispatcher), and 94 (161.520, Willard Sub/”IP” dispatcher): https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/26809/web
There is no Amtrak service here.
The two-story structure seen in the NE “quadrant” of the diamond is the former interlocking control tower, and is still used by CSX maintenance-of-way as an office and storage space. The single-story structure in the NW “quadrant” is the former passenger station. Crossroads Park in the SW “quadrant” is where the freight (express) station building formerly stood before it was demolished.
DAILY LOG HERE: Miss a train? Check out this daily log of train action in Deshler with time stamps! https://bit.ly/3iLbBAl
Virtual Railfan and our mods are not affiliated with train logs, they are maintained by volunteers. Please reach out to them outside of our chats for more detailed information or to discuss the mechanics of logging. Thanks to everyone who contributes faithfully to it!
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear about it., If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know. Please email us at : email@example.com