Elkhart, Indiana, USA | Virtual Railfan LIVE
Actual start date: 12/13/19
You are watching a live stream of Elkhart, Indiana, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. It is hosted by the National NYC RR Museum: https://elkhartindiana.org/government/nnycrr-museum/ , owned by City of Elkhart: https://www.elkhartindiana.org/. Check out everything Elkhart has to offer!
Get your tickets to the Museum here: https://bit.ly/2ZGUvdU
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Elkhart is on Norfolk Southern Railway’s (NS’s) Chicago Line, the former New York Central Railroad (NYC) main line between Chicago and New York, originally the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railway (LS&MS). At the Conrail split, NS acquired the western half between Chicago and Cleveland, CSX the eastern half between Cleveland and New York. This line sees as many as 100 trains in a 24-hour period! The Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) also has track rights. Amtrak’s “Capitol Limited” (Chicago-D.C.) and “Lake Shore Limited” (Chicago-New York) also stop here twice a day per route (at the station building seen on the west camera). NS also has their largest classification yard east of the Mississippi down the road, the Robert Young Yard. Elkhart is also the location of the junction with the Elkhart & Western RR shortline, and with the Kalamazoo Branch to Grand Rapids, MI, which is leased to the Grand Elk RR.
NS milepost MP 421.6
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: http://bit.ly/31bn58V
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
There is an ATCS layout available, with excellent server coverage.
There is a radio feed available to the east in DeKalb County: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/30771
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear about it., If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know. Please email us at : email@example.com