On Saturday, the MIAA Division I track & field state championships continued at Merrimack College.
Springfield Central carried the banner as the lone Western Massachusetts representative.
Kymari Latney performed exceptionally well for the Golden Eagles, placing first in the High Jump and placing second in the Long Jump. The boys’ 4x100m relay team also earned a medal for placing eighth, which included Latney, Samual Ackah Yensu, Tariq Thomas and Malachi Flax.
The boys team finished 16th with 16 points.
On the girls’ side, Jadah Stokes medaled with her fourth-place finish in the Shot Put. As a team, the girls placed tied for 21st with five points.
Western Mass Top Performers
Boys 400m Dash
- Ibrahim Ayouba, Springfield Central (15th, 51.01 seconds)
- Aidan Quee, Springfield Central (20th, 51.68 seconds)
Boys 4x100m Relay
- Kymari Latney, Samual Ackah Yensu, Tariq Thomas and Malachi Flax, Springfield Central (8th, 44.00 seconds)
Boys 4x400m Relay
- Aidan Quee, Justin Menzie, Benwa Makala and Ibrahim Ayouba, Springfield Central (9th, 3:31.27)
Boys High Jump
- Kymari Latney, Springfield Central (1st, 6-04.00)
Boys Long Jump
- Kymari Latney, Springfield Central (3rd, 22-07.25)
- Samual Ackah Yensu, Springfield Central, (10th, 20-09.75)
Girls 400m Hurdles
- Anisha Ricketts, Springfield Central (25th, 1:14.68)
Girls 4x100m Relay
- Atayalia Bailey, Mickayla Bennett, Shanayah St. Phard and Marsani Clark, Springfield Central (18th, 51.9238-02.00)
Girls Triple Jump
- Marsani Clark, Springfield Central (10th, 34-11.00)
Girls Discus Throw
- Jadah Stokes, Springfield Central (14th, 101-07)
Girls Shot Put
- Jadah Stokes, Springfield Central (4th, 38-02.00)
Western Mass Team Rankings
16. Springfield Central, 16 points
T-21. Springfield Central, 5 points