Chair and carpet catch fire by not disposing smoking materials properly in Colrain

0



300*600 2

COLRAIN, Mass. (WWLP) – The Colrain Fire Department was called to put out a fire at 15 Foundry Village Road around 6 a.m. Monday.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the back of a multifamily building. They found the fire in a recliner chair and carpet. The fire was contained to the location and the items were removed from the building.

According to the Colrain Fire Department, neighbors used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, preventing the spread and possibly more damage.

The cause was determined to be careless disposal of smoking materials. No injuries were reported.



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

COVID-19 UPDATES

Get the latest updates and local news here