Coffee & Geography Podcast S02E15 Adena Schutzberg & Kelly Jenkins (USA)
Kit, Adena Schutzberg & Kelly Jenkins sip some Postum and Ginger Ale, chatting about running 100 miles, the influence of geography on trans rights, disc golf, amongst other things!
Adena Schutzberg has been a GIS user, marketer, and industry analyst who currently works in geography and GIS education as part of Esri’s Learn ArcGIS Team. She has too much fun playing the clarinet in community bands and has toned her running habit down from long, long runs of 100 miles, to saner distances of a few miles. Kelly Jenkins is a public speaker, middle school educator, and niece advocate for transgender youth. She is host/producer of her own award-winning TV program “Kelly’s Quest: The Transnational Journey.” Kelly is the first openly transgender professional disc golfer.
Some links to things mentioned in the chat:
– Story Map: Geography Matters to Transgender People (https://arcg.is/1GavGq)
– Kelly’s Quest, ActonTV (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3CTQGPcDvTGhmo36w9WTVz3zQ01dBh-4)
– Somerville and Fluff! (https://www.boston.com/news/food/2017/09/22/for-100-years-fluff-has-stuck-to-its-somerville-roots-but-the-story-isnt-that-simple/)
– Disc Golf (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf)
Expand your Geography community by connecting with Adena via Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/adenas) and Kelly via YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3CTQGPcDvTHfwUJ9_Iq4NmcZulbepIL3)
==About Coffee & Geography==
The aim of ‘Coffee & Geography’ is to get to know, explore and celebrate the diverse & intersectional range of people and their love for the world. We’ll have fun exploring all the myriad of ways that connects your life to geography. Wait – you don’t think you’re a ‘geographer’? Well, that’s ok! If you have a love and passion for the world then you probably are more than you know.
If you’re interested in being a guest or want to find out more, then visit https://geogramblings.com/coffee-geography-podcast/. There you will also find an interactive map to explore the locations of guests and the brews that they drink!
Music: ‘Spark of Inspiration’ by Shane Ivers (www.silvermansound.com/)
Coffee & Geography is sponsored by the World Energy and Meteorology Council. WEMC is an international organization focused on weather and climate data to support energy transition, and we work with educators too! WEMC have created Teal, an easy-to-use free visualisation tool that enables you to explore climate variables for the past 70+ years. Get started at https://tealtool.earth and follow WEMC on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/wemcouncil!
==How you can support the podcast and continue the conversation==
• Follow us on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/CoffeeGeogPod.
• Rate, review (https://ratethispodcast.com/coffeegeogpod) and subscribe to the podcast via your preferred platform.
• Donate via https://ko-fi.com/kitrackley
• Switch your energy provider to Good Energy via this link: (check back soon!) and sign up to Clim8 via https://bit.ly/CoffeeGeog-Clim8 to invest money ethically. Any referral rewards will go towards Geogramblings education efforts.*
*Good Energy and Clim8 are not sponsors of the podcast and have not endorsed these links. The referral links have been posted in a personal capacity to help raise funds to keep Geogramblings educational work sustainable. Your choice to invest money through Clim8 doesn’t come without risk, so make sure you make an informed decision to sign up.